Collection and Use of General Information
When you browse the Website/App, or download information, certain information about your visit may be automatically gathered and stored. This information does not identify you personally and includes the following:
- The internet domain and the IP address (the number automatically assigned to your computer when surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit;
- The web address from which you linked to our Website;
- The geographic location of your internet protocol address or mobile device;
- Your mobile device identifier and hardware, and your network carrier.
How We Use the General Information We Collect
We may use the information to analyze trends, administer the Website, improve site performance and gather broad demographic information. This information will be used only in aggregate form and may be disclosed to third parties to provide any of the mentioned activities on behalf of the Lottery.
Collection and Use of Personal Identifiable Information
The Colorado Lottery collects personal identifiable information (PII) for the sole purpose of permitting players to participate in the MyLottery loyalty program, to enter into Jackpot and Scratch Bonus Draws and Contests, for Surveys, and/or Customer Service purposes.
To sign up to become a MyLottery member and/or participate in Bonus Draws and/or Surveys, the following personal identifiable information (PII) may be requested. This information may be requested to provide customer service.
Street Address, City, State and Zip Code
Date of Birth
To participate in Contests, the following information is requested from non-MyLottery members:
How We Use the Personal Identifiable Information We Collect
When you voluntarily provide us information, you are authorizing us (and any Lottery vendors expressly authorized by us) to use, transmit, disclose and store such information for all purposes necessary to consummate the transactions you have requested.
The Colorado Lottery’s Services are not directed at minors. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18, and no part of the Services are designed to attract anyone under the age of 18.
We may use information about you for various reasons, including, but not limited to:
- Send you notices, updates, and alerts;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, and educational materials;
- Monitor usage trends and activities in connection with your use of the Services;
- Communicate about Lottery products, services, offers, promotions and rewards;
- Personalize the Services, including advertisements, content or features we and/or our third-parties think will be of interest to you;
- Facilitate contests and promotions; and
- Carry out other purposes described at the time the information is collected.
The Lottery requires players to provide personal identifiable information for the purpose of entering Bonus Draws and Contests. This information is maintained in a secure database and is used for the purpose of conducting random drawings to select winners and alternate winners. The information submitted via the Website/App is used to validate the winning entry with the identity of the player who submitted the entry. Once an entry has been submitted by a player, the information cannot be altered.
The first name and the first initial of the last name, along with the city name of residence of Bonus Draw and Contest winners may be posted on the Lottery Website/App, and your participation in any Bonus Draw and/or Contest promotion is a voluntary waiver of any confidentiality rights. Do not participate in any Bonus Draw/Contest promotions if you wish to keep this information confidential.
The Lottery may conduct voluntary surveys and will collect general demographic information to better understand and serve our players. Surveys may be conducted through a survey page on the Website or by a third party who has been hired to conduct surveys on the Lottery’s behalf. If a third party is contracted to conduct a survey on the Lottery’s behalf, your contact information will be disclosed to that third party only for the limited purpose of conducting the survey.
If you submit a request or an inquiry via an online form, email, or telephone call, the information collected, such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address, may be used by the Lottery to respond to your inquiry.
The Lottery may use information collected to conduct internal investigations. The Lottery may disclose information to cooperate with an investigation by law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities or in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other comparable legal processes.
Sharing of Information
- With our contractors, sub-contractors, affiliates, and other third-parties for marketing purposes;
- With vendors and other service providers who need access to information in connection with services they perform for us;
- In response to a request for information if disclosure is required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of the Lottery or others;
- With your express consent or at your direction.
The Lottery and its vendors have taken several steps to safeguard the integrity of its computer systems and networks, including, but not limited to, individual authentication, encryption of transmitted data, security monitoring, and auditing. Security methods and measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day practices of the entire digital ecosystem.