Powerball Jackpot Reaches $200 Million
Some other interesting Powerball facts:
- Saturday’s drawing is the 10th in the current jackpot run
- Powerball sales for Wednesday’s drawing totaled $1.3 million in Colorado
- The most frequently drawn Powerballs are 14 and 37.
- The largest Powerball jackpot on record - $365 million – was won by eight meatpackers from Nebraska on Feb. 18, 2006.
- Colorado’s only Powerball winner - the SEEP Financial Group - won $20 million in October, 2007.
Powerball is Colorado’s largest jackpot game. Jackpots start at $20 million and climb until someone wins. If no wins Saturday’s $200 million jackpot, the jackpot is expected to grow to $245 million for the drawing on Wednesday, Mar. 17th.
Thirty-seven cents of every dollar spent on Powerball goes to support the Colorado Lottery’s proceeds partners: Great Outdoors Colorado, the Conservation Trust Fund and Colorado State Parks. Through those partners, the Lottery has provided funding for new trails, expanded parks, precious open space and wildlife protection. The Lottery has returned more than $2 billion to the state of Colorado over the last 26 years, including $119.6 million in Fiscal Year 2009.
PHONE 303.759.6872 | CELL 303.945.9724